Naphtali

Thursday, August 19, 2010

naphtali

Teddy's name: Naphtali

Age when sexually assaulted: 12, 14, 16, 17

Who assaulted Teddy: Family friend, cousin, boyfriend

Town or State where the assault happened: Honolulu

Teddy's message to the world:

Naphtali means "my wrestling," and every day I have to struggle with the bits of myself that are still broken from what happened. But while parts of me are weak, I am strong - stronger than those who had to hurt me in order to feel good about themselves. I'm not a scared little girl anymore, and with every day I find new strength in myself to continue the fight, it gets easier. There is life, and hope, and even love to be had after abuse. To all those reading this with a silent teddy still hidden in their hearts, don't give up. It doesn't always feel that way, but every day that you are still wrestling is a day where you win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of respect for the survivors telling their story, all comments will be moderated to ensure they are supportive and kind in nature.

Thank you!