Bea

Thursday, August 19, 2010

bea

Teddy's name: Bea

Age when sexually assaulted: 15-18

Who assaulted Teddy: Bec (an adult who attended my high school)

Town or State where the assault happened: Melbourne

Teddy's message to the world:

I trusted you, Bec, and through your actions you taught me not to trust. You taught me shame and anger, just as I should have begun to learn how to be a strong, joyful woman. My molestation has profoundly hurt me, my parents, my sister, my friends, and my partner. Society facilitated your crime – as a young woman you did not fit the publicised stereotype of a child abuser. You have gotten away with it thus far, but I am building my strength, and one day I will be ready to denounce you to your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of respect for the survivors telling their story, all comments will be moderated to ensure they are supportive and kind in nature.

Thank you!