Elpis

Thursday, August 19, 2010

elpis

Teddy's name: Elpis

Age when sexually assaulted: 14

Who assaulted Teddy: A boy named David

Town or State where the assault happened: Kirkwood, Missouri

Teddy's message to the world:

A lad from my school tried to rape me when I was a girl. My life was completely and utterly destroyed. He took everything from me and I thought I would never get it back. I have been living the life of the dead. My nights are filled with terror, and my days with misery. But sometimes I catch a glimpse of the future. Sometimes I see what I can become and it is beautiful. I see myself rising so far above him, moving beyond my pain, moving through the sorrow. I am strong, I can do this. I will never forget what happened and I will never get over it, but I will get through it. I will move beyond. I am amazing. Elpis means hope, and some days hope is all I have but, hope will always win out. I am more than a survivor, I am the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of respect for the survivors telling their story, all comments will be moderated to ensure they are supportive and kind in nature.

Thank you!