Mr. Sunshine

Thursday, August 19, 2010

mr sunshine

Teddy's name: Mr. Sunshine

Age when sexually assaulted: Under 5, 13-15

Who assaulted Teddy: Unknown, boyfriend, online acquaintance, several fellow patients at a mental hospital

Town or State where the assault happened: Colorado, Montana

Teddy's message to the world:

For years, the silence has lain thick upon me. Whenever I tried to speak, others have chosen not to hear. Blaming me for what happened and minimizing what happened not only helped the abusers continue, but has created wounds almost as bad as those caused by the abuse itself. Yet I've continued to speak out and to seek help. Now ears are finally beginning to open. At 23, I'm finally getting the help that I need to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of respect for the survivors telling their story, all comments will be moderated to ensure they are supportive and kind in nature.

Thank you!